Japan Bike Tour with Backroads
Price: $10,399CAD Per Person
(Price per person, based on double occupancy. Price includes internal air.)
Photo: Biking in Japan
- Bike the Noto Peninsula's breathtaking coast amid plunging cliffs, old-world fishing villages, hidden coves and terraced rice fields
- Discover the diverse facets of Japanese culture like taiko drumming, traditional tea rituals, kaiseki-style fare and modern art
- Rejuvenate at Japan's top ryokans, replete with natural hot springs, superb cuisine and panoramic views over the shimmering sea
- Explore Kyoto, where each street is filled with hidden gems and geishas come to learn the timeless trade
- Bike through Bhutan's culturally and scenically rich valleys—an off-the-beaten-path adventure travel experience
- Hike to secluded Buddhist temples and atmospheric monasteries high above the valley, including the legendary Tiger's Nest
- All breakfasts, 8 lunches, 6 dinners
- Expertise and services of our experienced Trip Leaders
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porteragers and porterage
Photo: Photo: Biking in Japan
Cycle the Noto Peninsula's coast past plunging cliffs, coves and fishing villages | A world of serenity awaits at our classic ryokan accommodations | Don a yukata (robe) and savor a traditional kaiseki-style dinner | Bike past the famous Shiroyone Senmaida, a cliff blanketed with a mosaic of terraced rice paddies | Delight in a taiko drumming performance.
- Kaiyu Notonosho
- Notonosho Ryokan
Premiere Hotel. Serenity, hot-spring baths, futons and tradition await at this beautiful inn by the sea. (spa)
Discover the old-world countryside of Notojima (or Noto Island) and bike the island's forested hills and quiet country roads | Shop for unique souvenirs at one of Japan's oldest outdoor markets | Relax in stunning onsen, open-air hot tubs, or indulge in a traditional shiatsu massage | Partake in a traditional tea ceremony (or chaji) | Learn the steps of this highly stylized ritual, a highlight of our cultural adventure. Luxuriate at our seaside resort, long considered one of the finest in Japan.
- Matsuno Midori
Premiere Hotel. Experience Japanese elegance at this spectacular waterfront retreat, complete with inspiring views and sea breezes.
Ride along Toyama Bay and skirt the base of the Japanese Alps | Gorgeous panoramic views abound as you cruise across the majestic Shinminato Bridge | Bike to Yatsuo, one of the best preserved historical villages in Japan | Visit hilltop Kinbyōzan Zuisen-ji, a picturesque Buddhist temple renowned for its Zen garden | Tour our extraordinary hotel and admire its world-class art collection.
- Garaku River Retreat
Premiere Hotel. Modern luxury and artistry of design abound at this riverside inn nestled in the Northern Alps. (spa)
Explore the quaint streets of historic Kyoto, known for its traditional wooden buildings and merchant shops | Cycle along the shoreline of Lake Biwa, the frequent subject of Japanese folklore and the country’s largest fresh water lake | Bike past small towns, stretches of forest and popular beaches | Walk under countless torii, or Japanese gates, on a climb up to famed Fushimi Inari-Taisha, a popular Shinto temple that dates back to AD 711 | From the summit of iconic Inari hill, soak up unobstructed views of the surrounding landscape and Kyoto below.
- Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto, Japan
Premiere Hotel. Fusuma panels, paper lanterns and lacquerware are among the artisanal elements at this refined property in the well-preserved Higashiyama District. (pool, spa)